EXTERN User Commands
extern - External Module Utility
Displays the status (present or not preset) and the ID string assigned
by the factory.
Removes devices that are no longer present.
Module order affects the extension of the internal I/O. For instance the
Model 410 has 8 relay outputs 1 - 8. Adding an external 4ROUT module then
adds relays 9-12. Adding another module adds relays 13-16 for a maximum
of 16. The order in which the modules are added determines the relationship
to the relay numbers.
To insure the proper order:
1. Disconnect all external modules.
2. Execute the EXTERN -R command
3. Connect the first module (for relays 9-12 for instance).
4. Execute EXTERN confirm that the module has been recognized.
5. Connect the second module.
The order would then be correct and properly remembered.
Do not attempt to manipulate the TypeHH_N Registry keys. These are
dynamically updated by the system.